Panel 1: The Big Picture
This is a fantastic primer on Direct Primary Care, how it serves patients, and the practical steps for Doctors to begin their own practice.
- Moderated Q&A – Hal Scherz, MD, Moderator
- Ryan Neuhofel, DO – Detail the appeal and rapid growth of Direct Primary Care.
- Lee Gross, MD – Differentiate between setting up a Direct Primary Care practice and concierge practice.
- Josh Umbehr, MD – Implement value added services.
- Chad Savage, MD – Discuss marketing challenges and suggestions for Direct Primary Care.
Panel 3: Working with Businesses and Specialists
Direct Primary Care Working with Businesses and Specialists
- Featuring Keith Smith, M.D. discussing embracing the free market in health care.
- Jay Kempton describing how to work with employers / TPAs /Self funded plans.
- Brian Hill, M.D. analyzing Direct Primary Care and the role for specialists.
- Moderated Q&A by Lee Gross, M.D.
Panel 4: Doctors Lounge Radio Show – Live
Harnessing the Power of HIT
Jeff English, MD – Analyze Direct Primary Care and Telemedicine.
Randall Oates, MD – Discuss Direct Primary Care and EHR – Challenges and Opportunities
Moderated Q&A – Michael Koriwchak, MD, Moderator
Files For This Panel
Breakout Session Track
Start Up Basics
DPC Start ups
Why Everything We Think We Know About Health Care is Wrong
With David Goldhill, CEO of Game Show Network
Files For This Panel
Fortress and Frontier in American Health Care
In speaking about the Fortress mentality and Frontier opportunities in health care, Graboyes did not hesitate to celebrate the innovation of DPC and tech advances in health care, but neither did he fail to step on toes when in came to perceived physician blind spots regarding everything from tele-medicine to nurse practitioners.
With wide ranging analysis drawing from successes in other disciplines and making startling comparisons when evaluating advancements (or the lack thereof) in other fields, Graboyes sparked a fiesty Q&A not to be missed.
Watch the video or download the MP3 at d4pcfoundation.org/dpc and be sure to read the two articles he quoted extensively in the congenial debate he described on the impact of Uber on medicine.
Breakout Session – Advanced Practice Growth Strategies
Three successful DPC practice leaders field questions on the practical steps to taking an established practice to the next level. Everything from managing physician employees & contracts to developing a staff that instinctively sells the practice services at every opportunity is covered in the wide ranging Q&A. (Part 2 has improved audio/video as technical improvements were made live onsite)
Note: Technical and facilities limitations in our break out session room prevented the recording quality experienced from our main stage. We provide these diminished video recordings for your listening enrichment knowing this Q&A session contains valuable content.
Additional Presentations & PDFs From The Conference
Fall Attendee Brochure
Powerpoint Presentations as PDFs:
Eskew Presentation – Legal Potpourri
Eskew Presentation – Legal Challenges For The DPC Start Up